The Answers To Your Questions About Orange County's Mosquitoes
May 02, 2021
In Orange County, mosquitoes are a fact of life. They're always around and are annoying since they feed on your blood by biting you. This wouldn't be so bad if not for the itchy welts they leave behind among other concerns.
More than likely, you and everyone else have had several questions they wanted to ask while fervently trying not to scratch the bites. Fortunately, today is the day to get the answers to your questions about Orange County's mosquitoes.
Burning Questions And Their Answers
In a perfect world, we'd be able to address every single question out there regarding mosquitoes. However, we've narrowed down the list to the most common ones. The answers you've been waiting for are as follows:
- Why Do Mosquitoes Bite You? The female mosquito bites in order to drink your blood. This is done because they gain the needed nutrients to stay alive by doing so.
- Is It Bad If A Mosquito Bites You? At a minimum, you'll be annoyed and irritated since the bite is insanely itchy causing a strong desire to scratch. On the other hand, some mosquitoes carry pathogens, which can lead to disease transmission. Finally, some people are unlucky enough to suffer harmful allergic reactions when bitten.
- How Many Times Will One Mosquito Bite You? Mosquitoes have no limit to the number of times they will bite you except until they're full. Only when full will they stop.
- Can Mosquitoes Bite Through Clothing? The clothing needs to be thin for mosquitoes to bite through clothing. Clothing items like jeans or thick shirts are difficult, if not impossible, for mosquitoes to bite through since they don't possess actual teeth.
- What Smells Do Mosquitoes Hate? A commonly hated scent is citronella, which explains the popularity of using tiki torches during the summer months. Also, they're not fond of other scents like cedarwood, lavender, eucalyptus, peppermint, and lemongrass.
- How Do I Stop Getting Bitten By Mosquitoes? On your own, the best thing to do is to limit your attraction factors so mosquitoes find other places and people to bother. With professional assistance, you can ensure you never have a mosquito problem on your property again.
Mosquito Control From Smart Pest Control
It's a plain fact that mosquitoes are uniquely talented at messing up time spent outdoors in your backyard and elsewhere. They're out when you are and taunt you with their presence before landing to suck your blood. This, in turn, means you're stuck with itchy welts after the party is over. Even worse, sometimes those bites equal dangerous illnesses like the Zika virus or malaria.
Mosquitoes are experts at ruining the time you want to spend outdoors enjoying your backyard. They love to come out at the same time as you, buzz around your head, and cover you in itchy bites. Our team at Smart Pest Control can assist you in controlling the mosquito population so that you can start enjoying your yard again. We offer two mosquito control services, which are:
- Fogging: This treatment is designed to target adult mosquitoes in their resting areas during the day. During treatment, we'll spray shrubs, bushes, and along the fence line with our backpack fogging machine.
- In2Care System: This is a mosquito trapping system that attracts female mosquitoes so they pick up larvicide on their body. When this occurs, it's spread to nearby breeding sites and eliminates the larval mosquitoes before they can grow up.
Are you in need of home mosquito control services? Then give our team at Smart Pest Control a call to speak with one of our agents about our professional mosquito control options in Costa Mesa or fill out our online form to schedule your free inspection.